PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU BEGIN! Please only ship Monday – Thursday due to office being closed over the weekends.
- Check your kit! If any items are missing or damaged, contact Dunwoody Labs at (678) 736-6374. This kit should include the following:
- 1 cold pack
- 1 requisition form
- 1 biohazard bag
- 1 silver insulated shipping envelope
- 1 prepaid shipping label
- 1 clinical shipping pack (either UPS or FedEx)
- 2 Tiger Top SST Tubes
- 1 Lavender EDTA Tube
SPECIMEN COLLECTION INSTRUCTIONS
- Place cold pack in freezer for at least 4-6 hours minimum before shipping.
- Collect the blood into the two SST tubes and 1 EDTA tube.
- Allow the SST tubes to clot for 30 minutes, then centrifuge. Do not centrifuge the EDTA tube.
- Do not transfer any of the sample to a transfer tube. The samples will be shipped in the EDTA and SST tubes.
- Using a permanent marker, write the patient’s first and last name, date of birth, and date of collection on each sample tube.
- Store sample Store sample in the refrigerator at 2-8 °C until ready to ship.
- Make sure the specimen tubes are properly labeled. Due to federal regulations, improperly labeled tubes cannot be processed.
- Place the tube(s) inside of the biohazard bag and seal the bag.
- Complete the Test Requisition Form, fold and place the form within the outer pocket of the biohazard bag.
- Place the biohazard bag into the insulated shipping envelope.
- Place the cold pack inside the insulated shipping envelope.
- Seal the shipping envelope and place it inside the shipping box.
- Place the shipping box inside the clinical mailing pack.
- Attach prepaid shipping label.
- Take the package to the shipping carrier’s storefront location or call the carrier to schedule a pickup.